The Worship Ministry Department of the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary School of Church Music and Worship is seeking papers for presentation at a scholarly Symposium to be held April 16–17, 2020 on the Southwestern Seminary campus.
- Papers may deal with any aspect of the history, theology, philosophy, or practice of Christian worship, including congregational song, church music, aesthetics, and culture. Priority will be given to papers that fill gaps in scholarship in the field of worship studies, offer a fresh perspective, and/or treat under-developed people or movements in the field of worship studies.
- Papers will be selected by blind peer review and presented by their authors at the Symposium.
- Each paper will be allotted 40 minutes: 30–35 minutes for presentation and 5–10 minutes for questions.
- Selected papers will be considered for publication in Artistic Theologian, the scholarly journal of worship and ministry arts published by the SWBTS School of Church Music and Worship.
- We encourage proposals from established scholars as well as emerging scholars currently in graduate or postgraduate degree programs.
The following materials must be submitted by November 1, 2019 for full consideration:
Abstract of 250 words maximum
100–150 word bio
Please email the above materials by November 1, 2019
Scott Aniol at firstname.lastname@example.org. Notification will be given by January 6, 2020.